none
how to retrieve the IEA Segment in an EDI file from the Biztalk Orchestrations RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to retrieve the values in the IEA segment of an EDI file from the Biztalk Orchestrations. For this I used Biztalk Base artifacts DLL, But I could not get the values of IEA segments.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:29 AM

All replies

• Hi 

Do you mean the ISA segment? The EDI Dasm promotes these in the published message-

IEA segments are not available by default. If really needed(though I don't see why you would require it), you can write a custom component that parses the file prior to the EDI Disassembler and writes the needed values in the context.

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:14 AM
  • Hi Vinoth,

Do you mean to say ISA segments?

You can refer following article: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/21130.biztalk-server-2010-fetching-isa-and-gs-segment-values-from-interchange-envelope-and-mapping.aspx

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:10 PM
  • If you really do mean IEA, my response to whoever is asking for this would be NO.  In nearly 20 years of EDI, I have never, ever needed anything from IEA and, trust me, you don't either.

Now, if you mean ISA, you can retrieve the EDI.ISA_Segment context property. Then string split it to retrieve all the values. It's very, very simple.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:17 PM