none
How to turn off popup or get opener window in word? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm developing an app for word 2013 and trying to use WindowsLive for authentication following this sample. Currently everything works fine except that every time I click on the sign-in link, a new window pops up with a form to submit WindowsLive id and psw and then redirects to the page I specified in this popup window rather than the original side panel in word. My question: is there a way to turn off popping up and load page in original side panel? If not, is there a way I can get the opener/parent window? I've tried window.parent and window.opener. The latter returns me undefined and the first just returned me the current window. Thanks.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 6:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Rina,

>> Currently everything works fine except that every time I click on the sign-in link, a new window pops up with a form to submit WindowsLive id and psw and then redirects to the page I specified in this popup window rather than the original side panel in word. <<

Actually, it is an independent web page tab opened by Web Browser rather than a Pop-up Window (in Apps for Office, hyperlink will be opened by the web browser).

For a workaround, I suggest you to use WL.login function in Windows Live ID JavaScript API.

For more information, please refer to Live Connect JavaScript API.

Similar sample project for your reference: Apps for Office: Interact with Facebook APIs.

Hope it will help.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 14, 2014 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Rina,

>> Currently everything works fine except that every time I click on the sign-in link, a new window pops up with a form to submit WindowsLive id and psw and then redirects to the page I specified in this popup window rather than the original side panel in word. <<

Actually, it is an independent web page tab opened by Web Browser rather than a Pop-up Window (in Apps for Office, hyperlink will be opened by the web browser).

For a workaround, I suggest you to use WL.login function in Windows Live ID JavaScript API.

For more information, please refer to Live Connect JavaScript API.

Similar sample project for your reference: Apps for Office: Interact with Facebook APIs.

Hope it will help.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 14, 2014 9:20 AM
  • I'm trying to do the same thing -- connect using the Live SDK in my app.  The links above don't work, but presumably you are pointing us to the reference for the Live SDK (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh550845.aspx).  Regardless of whether I use the built in Sign in UI (from the samples in the SDK), or I wire up the WL.login function to a button in my taskpane app, I still get "WL.login: The popup is closed without receiving consent".

Is it possible to write up windows live with a task pane app for office? Its really frustrating that the facebook samples work (and are plentiful), but there isn't a single example of Microsoft's own live authentication working with Microsoft's apps for office.

Sunday, October 19, 2014 6:27 AM