Can't move Resource to new Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to move Storage account to another subscription, and when I try to do that, I get an error:

Cannot move classic resources to the selected subscription. Please choose a different subscription or contact support to proceed with the current one. More details: Source subscription contains following application(s) which doesn't support migration: *,**,***; Source subscription contains following cloud service(s) which doesn't support migration: ****

The thing is, I can't find any of those service listed here as a reason why i can't move this storage! I had them, but removed them long time ago. Tried searching all resources, all other subscriptions I have, in old portal, everything, but just can't find those 3 applications that are preventing the move!

Any ideas? 

Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:44 PM

All replies

• Move resources across subscriptions is supported only for V2/Azure Resource Manager accounts.
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:22 PM
  • Not according to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/resource-group-move-resources/

Services that enable move

For now, the services that enable moving to both a new resource group and subscription are:

Classic deployment limitations

The options for moving resources deployed through the classic model differ based on whether you are moving the resources within a subscription or to a new subscription.

New subscription

When moving resources to a new subscription, the following restrictions apply:

• All classic resources in the subscription must be moved in the same operation.
    • The target subscription must not contain any other classic resources.
    • The move can only be requested through a separate REST API for classic moves. The standard Resource Manager move commands do not work when moving classic resources to a new subscription.

To move classic resources to a new subscription, you must use REST operations that are specific to classic resources.

Details regarding the move operations are included in this article

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:25 PM
  • Move resources across subscriptions is supported only for V2/Azure Resource Manager accounts.
    But why then i get an error message listing resources i can't find anywhere? 
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:28 PM
  • You should be able to move the classic storage account as long as you comply with the requirements listed in ttps://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/resource-group-move-resources/

hth
    Marcin

Friday, October 14, 2016 10:45 AM
  • You should be able to move the classic storage account as long as you comply with the requirements listed in ttps://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/resource-group-move-resources/

hth
    Marcin

Please read the question before answering.
    Friday, October 14, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Can you post the output of

Get-AzureService

hth
    Marcin

Friday, October 14, 2016 11:09 AM
  • I am having the same problem, any update?
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 12:46 AM
  • @Roberto Bayá Could you describe what action you're trying to perform and what error you're getting, if any. More details are needed to help assist you better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:47 AM
  • I'm having the same problem.
    Error "Cannot move classic resources to the selected subscription..." when I try to move my classic storage and I can't find all (two) applications listed as reasons why I can't do it.
    Any ideas?
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:31 PM
  • It is 2020 and I am still having this problem. The service or the application listed by the portal or the REST api and that prevent the move doesn't exist anywhere. Has anyone been able to identify a solution for this?

Friday, January 17, 2020 6:00 PM
  • @Hasan Dogu Taskiran May I know what exactly are you trying accomplish? Can you please elaborate more on your query? If you are getting any error message or error code, please share the screen shot? 
    Monday, January 20, 2020 7:19 AM