none
Can't move Resource to new Subscription

Question

• I wanted to move Storage account to another subscription, and when I try to do that, I get an error:

Cannot move classic resources to the selected subscription. Please choose a different subscription or contact support to proceed with the current one. More details: Source subscription contains following application(s) which doesn't support migration: *,**,***; Source subscription contains following cloud service(s) which doesn't support migration: ****

The thing is, I can't find any of those service listed here as a reason why i can't move this storage! I had them, but removed them long time ago. Tried searching all resources, all other subscriptions I have, in old portal, everything, but just can't find those 3 applications that are preventing the move!

Any ideas? 

Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:44 PM

All replies

• Move resources across subscriptions is supported only for V2/Azure Resource Manager accounts.
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:22 PM
  • Not according to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/resource-group-move-resources/

Services that enable move

For now, the services that enable moving to both a new resource group and subscription are:

Classic deployment limitations

The options for moving resources deployed through the classic model differ based on whether you are moving the resources within a subscription or to a new subscription.

New subscription

When moving resources to a new subscription, the following restrictions apply:

• All classic resources in the subscription must be moved in the same operation.
    • The target subscription must not contain any other classic resources.
    • The move can only be requested through a separate REST API for classic moves. The standard Resource Manager move commands do not work when moving classic resources to a new subscription.

To move classic resources to a new subscription, you must use REST operations that are specific to classic resources.

Details regarding the move operations are included in this article

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:25 PM
  • Move resources across subscriptions is supported only for V2/Azure Resource Manager accounts.
    But why then i get an error message listing resources i can't find anywhere? 
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:28 PM
  • You should be able to move the classic storage account as long as you comply with the requirements listed in ttps://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/resource-group-move-resources/

hth
    Marcin

Friday, October 14, 2016 10:45 AM
  • You should be able to move the classic storage account as long as you comply with the requirements listed in ttps://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/resource-group-move-resources/

hth
    Marcin

Please read the question before answering.
    Friday, October 14, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Can you post the output of

Get-AzureService

hth
    Marcin

Friday, October 14, 2016 11:09 AM
  • I am having the same problem, any update?
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 12:46 AM
  • @Roberto Bayá Could you describe what action you're trying to perform and what error you're getting, if any. More details are needed to help assist you better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:47 AM
  • I'm having the same problem.
    Error "Cannot move classic resources to the selected subscription..." when I try to move my classic storage and I can't find all (two) applications listed as reasons why I can't do it.
    Any ideas?
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:31 PM