Crystal report or report viewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone
    i am building an application using visual studio 2017
    this application must allow users to print a report that contains data from different tables in my database (for building the database I used the SQL SERVER 2008).
    The report must contain several pages and the number of pages is not static, it is related to the result of a query.
    For example: i have 3 tables 1." vehicule" 2. component 3. relation_vh_comp (relate between the two first table)
    i select first the vehicule-name from vehicule then according to that i select from the table "relation_vh_comp" all component related to this vehicule ( so if i have 4 component the number of my report's page must be 4 ) each page concern one component and is filled by selecting information from the table component 
    as am a newbie in vb  i don't know how to manifest . the googling lead me to crystal report and reportviewer but i don't know which one satisfied my needs and the easier 
    so please if any one have an idea advice me it's urgent

thanks 
    Saturday, April 6, 2019 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

I'm using Report Viewer and it's so magnificent .... When i decided to use report i made a google search then i have selected the best one from my perspective <<Report Viewer>> I think that it's easy to use and it performs by the whole mission you need ... My opinion based on that report viewer is an option come with Visual Studio so it is the better one .... But i can't judge crystal report <<Many programmer used it>> Finally report viewer is my best choice and you can depend on it to perform any task you need ,Also you can get an easy code and support

Hope it helps 

Regards From Egypt

• Edited by Amr_Aly Saturday, April 6, 2019 8:44 PM
    Saturday, April 6, 2019 5:54 PM