Managing the Test Run Results Folder RRS feed

• Question

• I suspect I'm missing something obvious but so far I'm stumped and my searches have not enlightened me.

When I run tests, the results are gathered in the test results folder e.g., <solution folder>\TestResults.  Eventually, after I run enough tests I get a message box warning me that "Executing the current test run will produce a new test run result, which will exceed the limit of <n> that is currently specified.  [OK]  [Cancel]".

I realise that I can change the value of <n>, or I can change the name of the test results folder, or delete the existing contents of the current test results folder before running a new test or even check the "Do not show this dialog again" box.

But all of those actions feel like workarounds.  Is there some other (more elegant?) way to manage the contents of the current test results folder so that I don't get the warning dialog?

Friday, October 5, 2012 2:43 AM

Answers

• Frank

Currently these are the only options available.

Thank You
    Allen Mathias

• Marked as answer by Frank Boyne Saturday, October 6, 2012 8:43 PM
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 5:37 AM

All replies

• Frank

Currently these are the only options available.

Thank You
    Allen Mathias

• Marked as answer by Frank Boyne Saturday, October 6, 2012 8:43 PM
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 5:37 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Allen. 

After exploring some more I've found that the Test Runs window in Visual Studio offers another option.  I can connect the window to the local tests directory and can then delete test runs by...

• select one or several test runs
    • right-click on the selection
    • choose Delete from the resulting context menu
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 8:51 PM