none
Stereotype does not always appear centered above class name in Visio UML diagram

Question

• In a static structure diagram I've noticed issues with stereotypes assigned to classes.  I will add that I've seen this in most flavors of Visio since UML support was added, definitely in 2003 and 2007.  In some cases the stereo type appears correctly like this:

<<persistent>>
    My_Class_Name

However, sometimes the stereotype appears on the same line:

<<persistent>>Another_Class_Name

This can occur when I first define a new class, other times it can happen if I rename an existing class.  This formatting drives me crazy and makes my UML look sloppy.  Is there some way to fix this?  Every once in a while some random combination of adding attributes or changing the class name causes the format to be corrected.

Thanks!

--Andrew

Saturday, September 12, 2009 11:34 PM

Answers

• Finally found an answer.  Select the class name, then choose Text Tool (instead of Pointer Tool).  Insert a return in front of the name.  FIXED.
    • Marked as answer by Andrew Simms Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:06 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:05 PM

All replies

• I am having the exact same problems but I haven't been able to find any answers...

Can anyone help???

Thanks,

Kyle

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:39 PM
  • Finally found an answer.  Select the class name, then choose Text Tool (instead of Pointer Tool).  Insert a return in front of the name.  FIXED.
    • Marked as answer by Andrew Simms Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:06 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:05 PM