Maximum Number of Fields Error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm exporting from Access 2010 to SharePoint 2010.  The export is working fine until I hit this error with two tables.  Both these tables have an Access memo field and many Access Date fields.  The error "There was an error modifying list schemas.  This table already has the maximum number of fields with the same data type as 'Trans_B'. For the purposes of this calculation, Number and Currency are considered the same data type." is unclear on how to resolve this error or even the type of error.  Is this an Access error or SharePoint error.  There are maybe 56 formatted date fields.  I copied the table and removed the date fields and it exported just fine.  It's hard to believe that SharePoint is less restrictive than Access.  Could this be a data issue or the number of date fields in a table?
    Friday, November 14, 2014 6:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

I understand that you want to export the Access table to SharePoint list.

However, the maximum number of Date/Time field is 48 per SharePoint list. So as your Access table has 56 Date/Time field, the error should occur when exporting the table to SharePoint list.

Please check the link below for details about the column limitation in SharePoint:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262787%28v=office.14%29.aspx#Column

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Sunday, November 23, 2014 8:02 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:21 AM