Cristal Reports on Visual Studio 2005 RC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Good morning from Spain.

I'm a newbye with Cristal Reports and I have a problem with the Cristal Reports that comes with the new RC of Visual Studio 2005.

I make a new ReportDocument. I use the wizard to set up the report, conect to a table of my database, select the fields, etc.

But when i set the ReportSource for a CritalReportViewer in a Windows Form  i select the previous generated ReportDocument... but i see a blank document with the headers but without the data.

Where is the problem? I need to make a "databind()" or something like this?

Can anyone explain step by step the way to do a simple report with the new Cristal Report and bind to a database?

Thanks and sorry if my english is not very good. :)
    Wednesday, October 5, 2005 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hello,

There are a few steps that you could be missing depending on the report, database connection and project type.

Here is a link to the walkthroughs we created for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005:

http://www.businessobjects.com/pdf/dev_zone/cr_vs2005_walkthroughs.pdf

There are samples available as well that are installed along with Visual Studio.

For a default install they would be at:

..\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Crystal Reports\Samples\en\Code

Keith - Business Objects
    Thursday, October 6, 2005 7:08 PM

All replies

• thread moved to Crystal Reports For Visual Studio
    Wednesday, October 5, 2005 1:36 PM
  • Hello,

There are a few steps that you could be missing depending on the report, database connection and project type.

Here is a link to the walkthroughs we created for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005:

http://www.businessobjects.com/pdf/dev_zone/cr_vs2005_walkthroughs.pdf

There are samples available as well that are installed along with Visual Studio.

For a default install they would be at:

..\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Crystal Reports\Samples\en\Code

Keith - Business Objects
    Thursday, October 6, 2005 7:08 PM
  • I'm getting the same problem as you to create the report. I did the same thing..did you managed to solve that problem??

Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:55 PM