none
BizTalk 2010 FTP Adapter - Partial files being processed RRS feed

• Question

• We are having a reoccurring issue with the BizTalk adapter picking up a file from an FTP site before the file has completed writing.  This results in a partial file being picked up.  I know that this is a known issue with the FTP adapter.  It has been a known issue all the way back to BizTalk 2006.  Is going to always be a problem or does Microsoft plan on correcting this issue?
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:03 PM

Answers

• Just FYI, it's not a problem with the FTP Adapter.  It's the FTP Server that's not providing exclusive locks on a file.  Some do (in varying ways) some don't.

You might try to rename with a Before Get command.  I would hope rename would be blocked on an open file.  This has the added benefit of protection against writers that continually open-write-close a file, such as the File Adapter will do in Append mode.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Ash,

Refer the solution : 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa577610(v=bts.10).aspx

Raj, http://rajwebjunky.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:29 PM
  • Just FYI, it's not a problem with the FTP Adapter.  It's the FTP Server that's not providing exclusive locks on a file.  Some do (in varying ways) some don't.

You might try to rename with a Before Get command.  I would hope rename would be blocked on an open file.  This has the added benefit of protection against writers that continually open-write-close a file, such as the File Adapter will do in Append mode.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:33 PM
  • I am familiar with this MSDN entry.  It provides no solution, just work arounds.  The work arounds are not helpful in my case.
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Did you try a Before Get command?

This issue is known, but please understand, it's not a client problem.  Any FTP client will exhibit the same behavior (GETing incomplete files) since it's the server that's allowing it.

If you can successfully address your scenario, please share the result.

Sunday, April 7, 2013 1:49 PM