Advanced Logging Period RRS feed

• Question

• User646223306 posted

Hi,

I setup Advanced logging together with client logging sample to collect log data from a smooth streaming session. It works great, but as noted, a new logging post request happens only every 30 secs periodically or if the player state changes. Is there any way to decrease this automated logging period? If not, is there any API available for implementing our own logging client which we can use to collect statistics similar to the sample code? Or even better, is the source code for client logging sample available somewhere so that I can play with it?

Thanks.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 7:18 AM

All replies

• User1743136376 posted

I would like to hear an answer to this question as well. Yeah, sure advanced logging is useful but 30 seconds is way too long to figure out what is actually taking place.

The period of the reports should be configurable. A pointer showing how one can do it (adjust the period) or how one can collect the info similar to what advanced logging reports would be really good. In the latter, I can develop my own logging interface and report the collected information (back to the server or to a local file).

Those who know how to do this, can you please reply?

Monday, May 17, 2010 12:46 PM
  • User-1756696809 posted

Upcoming release of IIS Smooth Streaming Player Development kit would allow for this flexibility. It is not possible today. The next release is due in June timeframe.

Monday, May 17, 2010 4:21 PM
  • User1743136376 posted

That is good news. We are not far away from June and I hope it is the earlier part of June rather the later. Thanks.

Monday, May 17, 2010 7:20 PM