none
Regarding "fnevObjectMoved" ENTRYIDs" OnNotify RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I created AdviceSink to get the OnNotify call on every  "fnevObjectMoved" .

When I am in OnNotify I want to read the message if the message is moved from outbox to Sentmail.

I extracted the PR_IPM_SENTMAIL_ENTRYID & PR_IPM_OUTBOX_ENTRYID from the MsgStore

I want to check if the move is from outbox to Sentmail. 90% of the time it works for few Email-IDs it didn't work, as the message (object_notification) has complete different ParentID & OldParentEntryID.

This happens only with 32bit Outlook on 64bit OS. Can somebody suggest me what is going here.

OBJECT_NOTIFICATION *p = &lpNotifications[i].info.obj;

if ((p->ulObjType == MAPI_MESSAGE))
    {
     if ( (p->cbParentID == SPMapiCapture::cbSentMail) &&
       !memcmp(p->lpParentID, SPMapiCapture::lpbSentMail, SPMapiCapture::cbSentMail))
     {
      if ( (p->cbOldParentID == SPMapiCapture::cbOutboxMail) &&
       !memcmp(p->lpOldParentID, SPMapiCapture::lpbOutboxMail, SPMapiCapture::cbOutboxMail))
      {
       BOOL bRC = ProcessMessage(pSink, p, FALSE);   
      }
     }
    }

Thursday, August 8, 2013 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Santhi,

I will consult my colleagues on this issue, and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Chen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 12, 2013 2:53 PM
  • I will look into this and will update you the same!!

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:58 PM
  • + Any reason to design the above logic?
    + Please download latest MFCMAPI utility (mfcmapi.codeplex.com), use the advise sink as done above and see whether you can repro the issue or not?
    + Do you see this behavior when you try to connect any specific exchange environment?
    + When you say "its doesn't work", does that mean the notifications are not firing as expected or let me know what it happens differently?
    + Do you see any differences in Outlook modes (cached/online)?

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:35 AM
  • Any updates for me?

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:15 AM