none
EWS : Appointments : Is there any way to avoid copying the extended properties when copying appointments in the calendar (using ctrl + v) ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there ... 
    I am using the extended properties to store a GUID which is used to identify appointments, since item.ID is changable with changing the folder. 

My problem happens when copying the appointment using the keyboard and when inviting people for a meeting (which I believe all it does is also copying the original calendar item (appointment) from the meeting organizer) it copies also the extended properties (including the guid) . 

So is there any suggestion how to solve this problem ? is there any way to copy items without copying their extended properties? 

Ahmad
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 2:09 PM

All replies

• EWS only works against the server.  It cannot access an email client.  As such, you do not have any control from EWS over keystrokes performed or what they do at the email client.  You can only locate the results of the action on the server and then programatically clean them up through EWS, after the fact.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:38 PM
  • No basically every property on a Item is an Extended Property eg all the strongly typed properties will have an underlying Extended prop. The fact custom properties do persist in these type of operations is what people generally want it shouldn't be that hard to change your logic to deal with whatever problem your having (rather then trying to change the server). You can store anything in a custom property eg sourcemailbox, sourcefolder, lastupdated etc and binary property can be combination of these.

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:11 AM