Using Activelock Software to lightswitch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all, I'm new to this and I've been asked to incorporate the ActiveLock software to our Lightswitch application, does anyone tried to implement this type of software already and willing to share. Many thanks  

http://www.activelocksoftware.com/

Monday, September 2, 2013 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The LightSwitch desktop app or html client goes together with the app running somewhere on a server (or azure).

Now, all depends on if you are selling the app to parties who will install it on their own server infrastructure or if you are envisioning a multi-tenant application ( the server is yours and users "rent" a part of the app).

For the second scenario, If you enable authentication, you know exactly who and when is logging in. So you can build in any logic you want (e.g. don't allow the user any longer after one month).

For the first scenario, you should check if activelock is based on hardware (e.g. a usb dongle) or needs an internet connection (often web servers have no internet access when running on premise in enterprises).

paul van bladel

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:22 AM
    Saturday, September 7, 2013 4:42 PM

All replies

• I have no experience which activelock.

What's type of application are you trying to protect? 

LightSwitch (silverlight) 2 tier, 3 tier? Html5?

paul van bladel

Monday, September 2, 2013 5:54 PM
  • Thanks Paul for the reply, I'm using 3 tier. They want some way to lock the application(desktop or Html client) after a certain period and then some license key required in order to continue working.

Do you have any recommended solution that will work for Lightswitch?

Many thanks

Saturday, September 7, 2013 4:31 PM
  • Hi,

The LightSwitch desktop app or html client goes together with the app running somewhere on a server (or azure).

Now, all depends on if you are selling the app to parties who will install it on their own server infrastructure or if you are envisioning a multi-tenant application ( the server is yours and users "rent" a part of the app).

For the second scenario, If you enable authentication, you know exactly who and when is logging in. So you can build in any logic you want (e.g. don't allow the user any longer after one month).

For the first scenario, you should check if activelock is based on hardware (e.g. a usb dongle) or needs an internet connection (often web servers have no internet access when running on premise in enterprises).

paul van bladel

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:22 AM
    Saturday, September 7, 2013 4:42 PM