none
Packaging the app RRS feed

• Question

• This must be a fundamental question.

I want to package an Access 2013 desktop application so that when the user invokes it, it goes straight to my Splash screen, with none of the Access ribbon or navigation stuff enabled.  Before deploying it to users I want to be able to check it in that format, but also have the option on the same computer of opening it for development.

At this stage I am not concerned about distributing it - or is packaging part and parcel of distribution, for which there is plenty of help and guidance available ? File...Options...Current Database allows me to hide the Navigation Pane, but not the ribbon.  Also, F11 fails to bring back the navigation pane, even though "Use Access Special Keys" is checked - any ideas ?

Thursday, November 14, 2013 12:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For my understanding,you want hide the Ribbon in Access 2013,You can use the VBA code to hide the Office Buttion and Ribbon like below:

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

Ues the following code to turn them back on.

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes

And you can also refer to the links about How to Hide the Ribbon in MSDN.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff837012.aspx

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 15, 2013 8:57 AM

All replies

• You can't turn off the Ribbon, but you can have a custom ribbon with few or no controls.

go Google "Customizing Access Ribbon."

(i use a ribbon authoring tool)

Thursday, November 14, 2013 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

For my understanding,you want hide the Ribbon in Access 2013,You can use the VBA code to hide the Office Buttion and Ribbon like below:

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

Ues the following code to turn them back on.

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes

And you can also refer to the links about How to Hide the Ribbon in MSDN.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff837012.aspx

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 15, 2013 8:57 AM