Tablet PC exe won't close RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have a program that is one out of a lot that won’t close on a tablet PC. We have this application deployed at about 60 places with probably over 1000 users, but just the Tablet PC won’t release the resources. Any suggestions on a starting point of looking, or anyone that has a similar problem?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 5:53 PM

All replies

• Is this on XP or Vista?

Thanks!

Friday, March 21, 2008 4:56 AM
  • This is an XP pro laptop.
    Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:27 PM
  • How does this program of yours use Tablet PC input panel, if it does? Are you using any of the Tablet PC API in your code? If so, which? Would you be able to provide some sample code?

Thank you,

ramaguru.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:02 PM
  • We don't utilize any API calls nor do we use any tablet portion.  Most of our users are straight Windows users. We open a list and that is about it. We don’t call any dlls or anything. It is just a simple exe. The only time we experience the problem is on a Tablet PC. I’m starting to think we are the only ones that has this issue. I just wish I could post the code, but the boss won’t let us. Just looking for a place to start looking in the code.

Thanks for the reply.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:15 PM
  • This is fascinating.

So, the Tablet PCs are running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, right?

That's really just a superset of Windows XP Professional Edition with the Ink and Recognition bits added. If you're not calling into any Tablet API, then you're really just using a Windows XP Pro laptop.

Can you describe what resources are not being released?

Thanks,

Eliot - MSFT

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 12:15 AM
  • It is an executiible. In the task manager it is 13,488K. Threads = 1 whatever that means.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 7:53 PM
  • Do you have a tablet with Vista to verify if this issue reproes on Vista? Please let us know. On XP, does the thread count go higher when you bring the application to focus?

Thanks,

ramaguru.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:50 PM