none
Resources/books and tutorial recommendations for Kinect programming RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've tried finding books or resources about programming for the Kinect v2 sensor but cannot find anything useful that could help me learn about how to use the Kinect API. Would I need to do research on my own by reading the Kinect API reference? I was wondering if there is anyone who can guide me into getting started with programming for the Kinect. If anyone could recommend me some resources or tutorials online for beginners who have no prior experience with programming for the device, that would be really helpful.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 12:04 AM

All replies

• Yes, I think there are not many resources. I would start with the Jumpstart videos:

https://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/kinect/Programming-Kinect-for-Windows-v2-Jumpstart-on-Demand

Then check the SDK samples (you can access them from the SDK Browser) and then use the API reference (taking care, because I found a couple of errors).

I assumed you have no experience in Kinect programming but you do have some programming background. If you don't you should choose a programming model (Kinect offers some of them) and start learning about that programming language first.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:34 AM