Problem to registered a component RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need someones help to register a component - TwainContolX  in visual studio 2005.

After i installed the component, add it to the project and drag the icon to my application form, I gut this message :

"Faild to imprt ActiveX control, Please ensure it is properly registered"

There is anyone who know how to fix this problem ? ? ? ?

I even registered it with the command line "Regsvr32 twaincontolx.ocx", and nothing  ....

Thank u for your help.

Friday, February 2, 2007 12:32 PM

Answers

• What is this product - normally 3rd party components are registered as part of an setup/installer package.    This handles everything and wouldnt require you to do anything except add the reference to the component in the project.

As this is an ActiveX component - it does require registering using Regsvr32 but potentially there could be other reasons why this doesnt work - maybe other items also need to be registered for this component to work.   Think about if Component B implements functionality but also uses Component A to achieve some of this.

If you tried registering Component B without Component A already being registered then you'd run into problems - theres a dependency.   These dependencies are why many 3rd party providers use setup programs to ensure all dependencies are installed in correct order for successful install.

When you tried regsvr32 - it gave you nothing - can you be more specific.

Friday, February 2, 2007 6:52 PM