BCS - Office Client Cache RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have created a BCS Model and Subscription.xml, packaged it up using the Solution Packaging Tool using the Data Solution for Office Add-In solution type. The solution successfully installs and populates the cache.

I have three queries in my BCS Model, two Read List and one Read Item operation. When calling the three queries using OperationMode.Online both Read List operations work, when queried using OperationMode.CacheWithoutRefresh or OperationMode.CacheWithImmediateRefresh or OperationMode.Offline only one of the Read List operations work. That is results are returned for one of the Read List operations but not both.

The Subscription.xml file uses the ReadList operation that does not work when queried offline/cache, the cache is populated however and has been verified by looking inside the SqlCE database. Calling the second Read List operation using OperationMode.CacheWithoutRefresh or OperationMode.CacheWithImmediateRefresh or OperationMode.Offline works;ie. results are returned.

The ReadList that does not work with cache/offline is the default read list operation.

So any ideas on why one of the ReadList operations when using cache/offline does not work but does work when using Online.

Monday, January 20, 2014 8:17 AM