Semantic Zoom Design

General discussion

• Has anyone created a Semantic Zoom view that differed from the guidelines? It doesn't have to be out there, but something that goes beyond a bar graph. I keep looking at Semantic Zoom as an opportunity to add something visual to an application. 
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:06 PM

All replies

• I feel the guidelines are pretty flexible. I feel the gist of it is that you enable a second view that gives the user more overview.  How you implement that is up to you.

What do you mean "add something visual" (aren't all metro apps inherently visual?) Example?

Friday, October 5, 2012 7:21 AM
  • Something more akin to using Information graphics; sort of like this
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 9:16 PM
  • As long as that view gives an overview of the same information you get when in zoomed-in-mode, I don't see why you couldn't be using that or similar images. If you're showing different information, I think you would be wrong in using the semantic zoom pattern for it.
    Monday, October 8, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Thanks (sorry for the delayed response)
    Friday, October 19, 2012 6:56 PM
  • I have seen that image. You can use a different gridview in the zoomout. you can choose the background image of gridview and try to get the datatemplates properly so that you can arrange the items as you like.

-------------------

please mark as answer if this helps you.

Friday, November 23, 2012 4:44 PM