none
Possible bug when adding 2nd data disk to new storage account

Question

• From Aidan Finn (@joe_elway) via Twitter who tweets:

“Sigh! Another bug in #Azure Portal: adding 2nd data disk to new storage account, can't save storage account selection @AzureSupport”

Tweet URL: https://twitter.com/joe_elway/status/688015293554274304

Appreciate if you can try to repro the issue and raise internally if there is an issue.

Thanks,
    @AzureSupport

Friday, January 15, 2016 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am currently researching to gather more information with regards to your request. I shall revert back to you with an update at the earliest. Sincerely appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:35 AM
  • Hi

I think I have repro'd your issue, but can you confirm this is the problem that you are reporting?

• Pick a Virtual Machine, select Settings, select Manage|Disks
    • "Disks" blade: Select "Attach new" button
    • "Attach new disk" blade: Select "Location" item, which invokes the "Storage accounts" blade
    • "Storage accounts" blade: Select "+ Storage Account" button and add the new storage account - there is no way to select the new storage account or any other storage account from the list.

Thanks, Mark

Monday, February 1, 2016 7:26 PM
  • Sounds like it.
    Monday, February 1, 2016 8:35 PM
  • I followed up with the engineering team and it turns out the portal UI does allow a different or new storage account to be selected.

Once the storage account is selected on the "Storage accounts" blade, then a "Containers" blade automatically opens - you have to select a container (can also create and select a container) and then the "Select" button at the bottom of the blade will be enabled and should be used. The "Containers" and "Storage accounts" blades will then close and you'll see the new storage account and container listed in the "Location" item.

Hope that helps! 

Thanks, Mark

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 10:43 PM