iOS Simulator - Can't Launch on Xamarin Studio Mac RRS feed

• Question

• User85851 posted

Been tinkering with Hanselman.Forms on my Mac with Android. Today I decided it was time to try it on the iOS Simulator...

I have serious regrets about this decision.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm able to deploy an app from Xcode to the iOS Simulator just fine. Just won't work from Xamarin Studio.

In all fairness I do get an error: No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS code signing keys.

I do see this "error" in Xcode as well, but it doesn't prevent me from launching the app there.

Thanks.

Friday, April 17, 2015 2:54 AM

Answers

• User1044 posted

It should only require a provisioning profile if your Entitlements.plist is non-empty. Make sure to remove all keys from your Entitlements.plist and it should work fine.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:42 PM

All replies

• User85851 posted

P.S. I don't have a physical iOS device. So if for some reason Xamarin Studio requires a Provisioning Profile, please let me know.

Saturday, April 18, 2015 6:47 PM
  • User1044 posted

It should only require a provisioning profile if your Entitlements.plist is non-empty. Make sure to remove all keys from your Entitlements.plist and it should work fine.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:42 PM
  • User85851 posted

Removing entries from Entitlements.plist worked. I also had to delete the original device Xamarin was trying to launch on. After I did, Xamarin Studio created another device and launched the application successfully.

Monday, April 20, 2015 5:01 PM
  • User36910 posted

I am getting the same "No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS code signing keys" error with the with the Xamarin Tshirt app. Using Visual Studio 2013, and it is connected to the mac build host. It is also finding my developer certificate. I am building in debug mode and trying to run the app on the iOS simulator. Entitlement.plist is has just empty nodes in the xml structure, so nothing set.

Friday, May 8, 2015 6:09 PM
  • User36910 posted

Little update: Downloaded the same solution from github, this time on the Mac. Using Xamarin Studio it does not compile with exactly the same error. Changed the appid in the info.plist file to match a Provision Profile I just created and voila it works. Restarted VS2013 on my Windows machine and it is now working too.

However it shouldn't be looking for a provision profile at all when compile debug for simulator right?

Friday, May 8, 2015 7:31 PM
  • User39957 posted

I am also getting this problem. Like TimvandenHof I tried to deploy and use xamarin samples from github on iOS simulator from VS 2013. I also had to provide my provision profile as identifier in Info.plist. I think that is not how it should work, specifying my provisioning profile for every sample app I want to run on iOS simulator.

Friday, May 15, 2015 2:05 PM
  • User161480 posted

I just clear the Custom entilements tabs in the iOS Bundle Signing in both WApp and the WKExtension is the error has gone.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:27 PM
  • User253915 posted

@NestorLedon wrote that he also had to delete the device it had created so it would recreate the device. I suspect I need to do the same thing as, even though I cleared the Custom Entitlements field, it still produces an error in this one project unless I specifically select "Debug > iPhoneSimulator". I can't just leave it at Debug and have it "fix" it; it still errors.

How do I delete the existing device?

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:12 PM
  • User267787 posted

I had the same error. I clear Entitlements field but the error still there. I got to to clear Provisioning Profile from IOS Bundle Signing and it works

Monday, January 23, 2017 5:17 AM
  • User114626 posted

Info.plist -source: remove bundle identifier key and value pair.

Monday, March 26, 2018 6:32 PM