Dot Net DLL process IE9 - Process ID not Found RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Group members

we have developed Windows based DLL and added in IE explorer using our web based project. We are unable to get the DLL process ID but we got IE process ID all the times, Its our requirement to get the Process ID of DLL for specific handing. Kindly provide details how to get DLL process ID, In IE 8 we are getting separate process ID but after IE8 we are not getting the separate process ID.

Regards,

Adeel Aslam 

Regards Adeel Aslam

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 5:34 AM

Answers

• Hi AdeelAslam,

Your question is not clear from your description. What do you mean DLL process ID? Based on my knowledge, a dll cannot have a process id.

Why not share us some code snippet for how you get process id in IE 8? And What happens if your debug your code with IE11?

I would guess you may want to get the processes id for all of the IE tabs. My idea is use GetWindowThreadProcessId function. We can find a tab windows HWND by some Win32 APIs like Findwindow, GetWindows or EnumChildWindow. Hope this helps some.

Document for GetWindowThreadProcessId: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633522(v=vs.85).aspx

Best regards,

Shu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:27 AM