How to disable mail alerts from a workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a document library and an approval workflow has been attached to it. Now i want to remove that workflow to that documnet library so that users will not get the email alerts when a document is uploaded or updated.

To acheive this, i have tried removing the workflow from the documnet content type fo that particular library.

But i couldn't find change in the email alerts, users stil get the alerts.

Can anyone help me, how can we disable the email alerts for a documnet library?

Thanks

Shailu.

Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become.

• Edited by Shailu123 Monday, June 18, 2012 9:49 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 9:48 AM

All replies

• If you go to site settings and then under Site Administration there is User Alerts, here you can delete alerts for people.

• Edited by KyleNedic Monday, June 18, 2012 4:54 PM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 4:53 PM
  • Thanks KyleNedic for your response.

But there were no User alerts set to that documnet library, i have checked it.

Can anybody please tell me hw can we disable emails for wrorkflow?

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:25 AM
  • Was the workflow an OOTB workflow or one made in designer? Theres is an option when you look at the workflows that says to start this workflow automattically when someone creates and changes an item in that library have you checked these settings on the workflow?

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:34 PM
  • This is an OOTB workflow only not the designer one.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:44 AM