Computer joined Azure AD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have Office 365 and ADFS server. I got error message something like "Disconnect Azure AD domain" when I tried to join a user's computer (Windows 10) to the domain. I had to go to System -> About to disconnect his computer from Azure AD then I am able to join his computer to domain.

It is weird that the user isn't in the Azure admin group, how come he has the privilege to join a computer to the cloud domain? He stated he just entered his email address and password then he is able to log into the computer that is just reinstalled to the manufacture state. This sounds dangerous. Should we worry about it? How to avoid this to happen?

Any help will be highly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

Grace

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 7:36 PM

All replies

• This may be because the user at any point had run through the Azure AD registering devices with the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scenario.

Also, to avoid this you would have to go the "Configure Device Settings" and select the "Users may join devices to Azure AD" to Selected (or) None.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 7:56 PM