none
How to correlate 997 with the source message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a biztalk implementation where I am sending out 867 and getting back the MDN as well 997 .

I have managed to correlate the MDN with the 867 ,but would like to know if there is any way of correlating the incoming

997.If i dont use correlation , will biztalk automatically correlate the message using the values from the party settings for GS & ST ? or is there any other approach ?

Thanks & Regards

Sullu 

http://biztalkguide.blogspot.com/ Please mark as answer if this solved the issue.Thanks
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:41 PM

All replies

• Take a look at this tutorial.
    Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:00 PM
  • Thanks Bali

But I couldnt find how to receive 997 for the same instance and the tutorial is only talking abt sending 997 ..isnt ?

Regards

Sullu

http://biztalkguide.blogspot.com/ Please mark as answer if this solved the issue.Thanks
    Friday, October 14, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Not sure if my understanding is correct, but when you receive the message a 997 will be generated and sent back, its the task of correlating left with the sender. Are you seeing any issues with 997 generation.
    Regards,
    Bali
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 6:28 AM
  • Hi Bali

in this case I am the sender of EDI message and i ll get the 997 .

As you mentioned I need to correlate 997 .Any idea how do I do this ?

Thanks

Sullu

Monday, October 17, 2011 9:18 AM
  • If you are sending an EDI file then you will receive a 997, you should process this 997's using the EDIReceive and the message will be published into the messagebox. It will depend on your process or your backend system how you want to store the inbound 997's or info form them.
    Regards,
    Bali
    • Edited by DPS Bali Monday, October 31, 2011 6:52 PM typo
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:52 PM
  • Thanks Bali

But If i sent 10 EDI files and receives 10 997 through a Receive port , how do i know which 997 is for which message ? what is the way to correlate them ?

Regards

Sullu

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:51 AM
  • I want to know the same thing. 
    Monday, January 30, 2012 9:41 PM
  • I was unable to figure this out how BizTalk (2006 R2) could show a 997 status for my outgoing message, in this case a 810.  So I had to do some external logging and reporting.

I did this by logging (AK102, AK202, AK501)  from all incoming 997s, I would then use these 997 values to lookup the outgoing EDI message using the [bam_TransactionSetActivity_AllInstances] and [EdiMessageContent] BizTalk tables. 

To get the logged 997’s back to the outgoing 810.

[EdiMessageContent] maps to the [bam_TransactionSetActivity_AllInstances] tables using [EdiMessageContent].[ContentKey] =  [bam_TransactionSetActivity_AllInstances].[MessageContentKey]

I then map to my 997 log tables using:

[bam_TransactionSetActivity_AllInstances].[GroupControlNo] = [MY997LOG].AK102

[bam_TransactionSetActivity_AllInstances].[TransactionSetControlNo] = [MY997LOG].AK202

From there I can check the AK501 for the status of the 997 (A, R or null) and with some addition SQL work I can show the Invoice number on a the report.

Might not be the best approach but it works, hopefully BizTalk 2010 has this ability.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:25 PM