locked
Now, I am getting "ObjectDataSource error" error RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1216627406 posted

    I am bogged down by some silly error that I am not able to figure out yet.

    I *think* I know why I having this issue but not sure.

    First the issue description.

    I created a new .rdlc report off of an existing .rdlc file.

    This was done in Visual Studio 2010.

    After creating this new report, I changed just one datafield.

    Now, each time I try running this report on Report, I get following error:

    An error has occurred during report processing.
    The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'Party' could not be found.  


    Please see screenshot.

    I *think* the problem is because I used an existing .rdlc file and saved a new copy to a different name and used that new report.

    I am not sure if there is some hidden code that identifies each .rdlc file because I not sure why it isn't working even though the code is pretty much the same.

    Here is just a small code snip.

    I would be glad to provide more if needed.

    Thanks very much

                <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="Party" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetData" TypeName="T_Reports.ReportsTableAdapters.DataTable9TableAdapter">
            <SelectParameters>
                <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="ddParty" Name="location" DefaultValue=" " />
                <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="radElec" Name="doe" DefaultValue=" " />
            </SelectParameters>
            </asp:ObjectDataSource>
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:16 AM

All replies

  • User-1488931086 posted

    An error has occurred during report processing.
    The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'Party' could not be found.  

    Check whether your Party class exists or not fist, and then ask your question here:

    SQL Server Reporting Services

    Friday, February 24, 2012 2:48 AM