none
onenote api for page versions RRS feed

• Question

• hi all, (i might post it in a wrong place or forum:_) )

i am looking for an api interface from onenote to track my work. 

So lets say i have a shared pages with my friends A and B. Three of us are able to make modification and edition.

One day A made one new page and 10 minutes later B came and modified it. Thus for this page, we have 2 versions, A and then B.

So my question is whether there is an existing api to get the metadata, such as modified time and author, of individual versions?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hello Jack,

I have checked Office JavaScript API, there is no method or property about last modified or author. However, I think you could use OneNote Rest API.

Please visit https://dev.onenote.com/docs#/reference/get-pages

Page properties

Property Description Value type
    content The page's HTML content. Stream
    contentUrl The URL for the page's HTML content. string
    createdByAppId The unique identifier of the application that created the page. string
    createdTime The date and time when the page was created, in UTC format. DateTime (ISO 8601)
    id The unique identifier of the page. string
    lastModifiedTime The date and time when the section was last modified, in UTC format. DateTime (ISO 8601)
    level The indentation level of the page. To get page level and order, include pagelevel=true in your queries for pages in a section or for a specific page. Int32
    links The oneNoteClientURL link to open the page in the OneNote native client if it's installed, and oneNoteWebURL to open the page in OneNote Online. PageLinks
    order The order of the page within its parent section. To get page level and order, include pagelevel=true in your queries for pages in a section or for a specific page. Int32
    parentNotebook The notebook that contains the page. Notebook
    parentSection The section that contains the page, expanded by default with the id, name, and self properties selected. Section
    self The URL for the page's metadata. string
    title The title of the page. string

This forum is for Office JavaScript API. If you have any issues about OneNote Rest API, I suggest you post on stack overflow. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:30 AM