Sharepoint (SBS 2011) Tasks not syncing correctly with Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to set up a shared task list in Sharepoint and to sync it with Outlook 2007, but it does not work properly.

If I create a task in Outlook and assign it to someone else, it syncs correctly and shows up in Sharepoint.  On my computer, it says it is assigned to the correct person and that the owner is "Me".  On the assignee's computer, it says exactly the same - it is assigned correctly, but the owner is "Me" which doesn't make any sense.

If the assignee then modifies it, it stays assigned to them, the owner changes to their name and it syncs with Sharepoint correctly.  From this point on, no other user can see the assignee's changes from within Outlook until they restart the program but can see them from within Sharepoint.  Also, from this point on, only the assignee can modify the task from within Outlook (until they have closed and re-opened Outlook).

In other words, from when the first change is made, only the person that made the change can either see the current version or make changes from within Outlook.  Anyone else has to close and reopen Outlook before they can see the changes or modify the item.

Is this expected functionality?  If so, it is next to useless as a shared task list! Is there a fix?

Friday, October 12, 2012 9:28 AM