System.Directoryservices & .net 2 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1820177398 posted

Hi,

Im completely new to using Active Directory with ASP.net, my problem is, ive hunted round the net to try and find a good example in connecting to Active Directory and querying the system, however the only good solutions i can find is using the system.directoryservices namespace. The problem is when i put this namespace in, visual studio does not recognise it, therefore i cannot continue the rest of the example code. I think if i can get round this directory services problem, i can figure out the rest from there.

What im trying to retreive is the full name(Joe Bloggs) of a user, using their logon id (jbloggs). If using AD is not the best method of doing this please let me know

Im using visual studio 2005, asp.net 2 VB

Cheers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:31 AM

All replies

• User1439782798 posted

however the only good solutions i can find is using the system.directoryservices namespace. The problem is when i put this namespace in, visual studio does not recognise it, therefore i cannot continue the rest of the example code.

Hi,

That is .Net framework library. So it would be recognized or your .net framework might be corrupted.

At least, you have to reference to System.DirectoryServices assembly.

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/system/everythingInAD.asp

This link will tell you more about Active Directory discovery.

Thanks,
    Manach

Saturday, July 28, 2007 4:54 AM