none
Attach Access File Failed RRS feed

• Question

• I wasn't sure if this is the right forum, but here's the problem.

I am working on a program using Visual Basic 2008 and attempted to attach an Access file and I  get the error message below when I try to make the Data connection in Visual Basic.

"An unexpected error ha occurred.

Error Message Could not load type.

'MicrosoftVisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage,

Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,

PublicKeyToken=b03f57f11d50a3a'."

Is this error trying to tell me that my Visual Basic installation is faulty? If so, the program seems to be working for everything else and I don't know where to look for the problem.

sirmilt

Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

>>An unexpected error ha occurred.Error Message Could not load type.

'MicrosoftVisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage,Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,

As far as I know, this is caused by due to an incomplete installation of Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2008 which could result in a mismatch between the file versions of Microsoft.VSDesigner.dll and Microsoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage.dll

The solution is to install Service Pack 1 for all the Visual Studio 2008 editions on the affected system.

For details, please refer to link below, it shows the detail reason and solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2001115

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 23, 2013 5:40 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>>An unexpected error ha occurred.Error Message Could not load type.

'MicrosoftVisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage,Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,

As far as I know, this is caused by due to an incomplete installation of Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2008 which could result in a mismatch between the file versions of Microsoft.VSDesigner.dll and Microsoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage.dll

The solution is to install Service Pack 1 for all the Visual Studio 2008 editions on the affected system.

For details, please refer to link below, it shows the detail reason and solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2001115

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 23, 2013 5:40 AM
  • Thank you got the response.

I reinstalled SP1 and the problem was resolved.

Milt

sirmilt

Saturday, January 4, 2014 5:41 PM