none
vsto application getting disable RRS feed

• Question

• recently I have developed a VSTO add-in for PowerPoint and  once it deployed as a click-once application , its disabled. even I try to re install  still the application is disabled. how can I find the  error of this.
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:37 AM

Answers

• Hello gayan_gagb,

Check out the following points:

• Please make sure that you added all the required prerequisites to the installer.
    • If your add-in fires exceptions at startup or causes the host application to crash, the host application (or the end-user) may block the add-in and move it to the Disabled Items list. To find the list, in Office 2000-2003, go to "Help", then "About". At the bottom of the About dialog, there is the Disabled Items button. Check it to see if the add-in is listed there (if so, select it and click Enable). In the Ribbon UI of Office 2007, you find that list on the Add-ins tab of the Office Menu | [Your host application] Options dialog. In the Ribbon UI of Office 2010 and 2013, the Add-ins tab can be found in the File | Options dialog. After you get the Disabled Items dialog, you select the add-in and click Enable.
    • If an exception occurs in the constructor of the add-in class, or when class-level variables are initialized, Office will interrupt the loading sequence and set LoadBehavior of your add-in to 2.
    • I recommend turning on the Ribbon XML validation mechanism through the UI of the host application of your add-in. Look for a checkbox named "Show add-in user interface errors".

Finally, please make sure that you did all the steps described in the Deploying Solutions for 2007 Office System with ClickOnce Using Visual Studio Tools for the Office System (3.0) article on MSDN.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:41 AM