Trouble with deployment of a workflow statemachine application RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a workflow statemachine application (WPF) using ".NET Framewiork 4 Client Profile Platform Update 1"  and it works fine in

Visual studio .Net 2010.

But I have this message when I try to lunch the setup.exe created by publish option from this project in Visual Studio :

"Unable to install or run this application.This application requires Version 4.01 or other compatible .NET Framework".

My machine has the KB247063 updated.

Than you for your help !

Vincent Imaginesony

• Changed type Andrew_Zhu Monday, September 5, 2011 1:36 AM no reply
    Monday, August 29, 2011 3:12 PM

All replies

• > My machine has the KB247063 updated.

You mean Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 1 (KB2478063) right?

Which type of project are you using 'Publish' from?

Is publish action targeting the same machine with VS, or a totally different machine/server?

If you searched text of all files, does the string 'targetFramework' appear in your solution somewhere? (probably with the words 4.0.1 or v4?) please show the whole line.

targetFramework

Tim

Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:52 AM
  • Hi Tim,
    Thank you for your reply !
    To simplfy the problem, I have created a simplest WPF application who does nothing special but show a white page,
    the target framework is set to .Net Framework Client Profile Platform Update 1.  (from KB2478063)
    the publish was made by the context menu of this application and target the same machine with VS2010.
    In the folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework, the highest framework is : V.0.30319.
    My OS is Windows7 with Visual Studio 2010.

The string 'targetframework' appear in the project file (csproj);
    here it is :

<TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.0.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>
        <TargetFrameworkProfile>Client</TargetFrameworkProfile>

Thank you for your help,
    Vincent

Monday, September 5, 2011 5:34 AM
  • Hi Vincent,
    I think this might be same issue as this blog post from Ron Jacobs, please try out the fix he mentions KB2468871 which is a general distribution release (GDR) patch.
    Tim

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 4:33 AM