Silverlight PivotViewer v2 localization issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

Context : Silverlight 5 / Pivotviewer V2 (version 5.0.5.0)

I'm working on a Silverlight 5 project that uses the great PivotViewer control. The application must manage German, English and French localization but we are facing an issue with the PivotViewer localization.

Actually, the datetime facets are not display well with the French and English cultureInfo.

I have read on this post (see link below) that The V2 control shipped with SL5 SDK does not support localization.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/silverlight/en-US/35952a5c-a41a-4bc8-88a9-86c799234456/pivotviewer-v2-localization?forum=silverlightpivotviewer

So, I’m wondering is someone a find a workaround about the issue ? I have already found a way to display properly the dateTime into the “Pivotviewer detail” by using the Format attribute from the PivotViewerDateTimeProperty

<pivot:PivotViewerDateTimeProperty 
        Id="PhotoDateTime" 
        DisplayName="{l:StringsResx ResxKey=AlarmBasePVPhotos_PhotoDateTime, Default='PhotoDateTime'}"
        Format="{l:StringsResx ResxKey=AlarmBasePVPhotos_PhotoDateTimeFormat, Default='dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss'}"
        Options="CanFilter" 
        Binding="{Binding Model.PhotoDateTime}"/>

but I’m still searching to manage the culture for the PivotViewer “filter facets” and the “sort filter” ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Cedric

Friday, January 9, 2015 10:05 AM

Answers