Non-repeating groups are not supported as form library column names RRS feed

• Question

• I created a custom Infopath form and I added PERSON/GROUP PICKER to my form. It added person object to myFields with that control.

I want to publish it to Sharepoint Server. I did these processes : File -> Publish -> Sharepoint Server -> I entered site's location and clicked NEXT -> Form Library -> Create a new form library -> I entered new library's name. I am on columns screen on publishing wizard. I clicked Add column button and selected Person object from myFields and clicked to OK. But it didn't add my person column. The message is :

How can I associate this form item with Sharepoint library?

Note : I want to add multiple users from my form.

Thanks

Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hi?

You can not associate the group "Person" as a metadata. A group cannot be a metadata with InfoPath.

That is what the message told you.

You have to uncollapse the group Person and select for example the DisplayName field.

But you have to know you will never get a user field in the promoted field but a string field.

Hope this help.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by pty33 Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:41 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi?

You can not associate the group "Person" as a metadata. A group cannot be a metadata with InfoPath.

That is what the message told you.

You have to uncollapse the group Person and select for example the DisplayName field.

But you have to know you will never get a user field in the promoted field but a string field.

Hope this help.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by pty33 Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:41 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:43 AM
  • I have the same issue and chose a string field and it STILL does not work.  No column I chose was allowed, and gave this same error.  Kinda ridiculous to me for Microsoft to allow columns in SharePoint to be created, but then not be importable into the InfoPath form upon publishing - especially waiting until the publishing to step to tell you that all those fields you imported for your data connection, yeah, those actually can't be imported, after all...
    Friday, May 3, 2013 11:13 PM
  • I had this issue, and I was after much ado able to get it to work with DisplayName, however, I don't want that be the column name which is the only way I could get the field promoted to the list and populated from the form. I could not find any way to rename the column or even display name metadata in the form in InfoPath. I tried to add a work flow to copy the value in displayname to a list column that is of person type but this doesn't appear to be working. Is there another work around, post form entry even to get the value in an actual person type column in the form library list?

Lynn Rickard [MSFT]

Friday, July 12, 2013 10:31 PM