none
I can't reopen my Office VSTO(Document, Workbook) solutions on Visual Studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I am using Visual Studio 2015 community with Office Tools for Visual Studio(https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/features/office-tools-vs.aspx).

I am able to create VSTO office projects and work on them without any problems, but once I close the solution I can't reopen it, it says it is incompatible with the current edition of Visual Studio.

I have only noticed it happening with Workbook and Document Projects for Excel and Word, it works fine with AddIns.

Can anyone give me any ideas? I have been googling for hours and trying everything.

Friday, September 4, 2015 1:47 AM

Answers

• Upon further investigation it seems there is some compatibility issue with my setup:

- Windows 8.1

- VS Community 2015

- Office 2016

After switching back to Office 2013 all worked fine.

Friday, September 4, 2015 6:22 PM

All replies

• Hello Henrique,

Did you install http://aka.ms/officedevtoolsforvs2015 ?

Friday, September 4, 2015 7:28 AM
  • Yes, I did.

Like I said I can create the projects, but can't open then again once I close it.

Friday, September 4, 2015 2:47 PM
  • Upon further investigation it seems there is some compatibility issue with my setup:

- Windows 8.1

- VS Community 2015

- Office 2016

After switching back to Office 2013 all worked fine.

Friday, September 4, 2015 6:22 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue, have you found any solution?

regards!

Thursday, September 24, 2015 6:43 PM
  • Hi Sifrido,

Did you install the Office 2016? Please try to install the Office 2013 to see whether the issue was resolved.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 28, 2015 12:08 PM