Unable to configure Origin settings in Azure CDN RRS feed

• Question

• Problem description

I am setting up Azure CDN for a static website that's hosted on an Azure Storage Account, based the following guide:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/static-website-content-delivery-network

I have followed the steps exactly as described in the article. But when configuring the Origin settings, described at step 10, I get the following error: "OriginHostHeader at origin cannot be set for endpoints that support only single origin"

Storage account

I have configured the storage account exactly as described on this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/storage-blob-static-website. I paid special attention that the storage account container is publicly available, by setting the access level to "Container (anonymous)". 

Azure CDN

I am using the "Standard Microsoft" pricing tier (not the Akamai or Verizon ones).
    In the Origin settings of the Azure CDN endpoint, I am setting the origin type to "Custom". In the "Origin hostname" and "Origin host header" fields, I fill in the primary endpoint of my Azure storage account: mystorageaccount.z6.web.core.windows.net.

What am I missing here? I'm following the instructions to the letter, but still this doesn't work. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

• Edited by Richard Waal Thursday, February 20, 2020 5:21 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2020 9:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Richard - I just ran into the same issue and had to create a new CDN profile with Akamai.  Resolved the issue!

Don Irwin

• Marked as answer by Richard Waal Sunday, February 23, 2020 11:01 AM
    Thursday, February 20, 2020 7:24 PM

All replies

• Greetings,

Which Azure CDN product are you using here(Akamai or Verizon)?

Regards,
    Subhash

Thursday, February 20, 2020 3:13 PM
  • Hi Subhash, I'm using the Standard Microsoft CDN. Not the Akamai or Verizon pricing tier.
    Thursday, February 20, 2020 5:20 PM
  • Hi Richard - I just ran into the same issue and had to create a new CDN profile with Akamai.  Resolved the issue!

Don Irwin

• Marked as answer by Richard Waal Sunday, February 23, 2020 11:01 AM
    Thursday, February 20, 2020 7:24 PM
  • Hi Don,

Thank you! And good to know that it's not me :-)

I hope anybody can pass the message through to the product team at Microsoft. This seems like a bug in the Standard Microsoft CDN offering that needs to be fixed. 

• Edited by Richard Waal Thursday, February 20, 2020 8:10 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2020 7:53 PM