How to store the data grabed into the data base ??????? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I ve been working on the rss feeds and rss reader... and i m able to grab all the data from the feed and display into the reader . But i need to know how can i store the feeds obtained permanently into the data base????????? The data base used is SQL Server 2005 express edition.It would be very helpful if i can get to know how to do ............

Thanks

naina

Sunday, March 5, 2006 9:52 AM

Answers

• hi,

if you use dataset you can use a table adapter to update your database something like

mytableadapter.update(mydataset or my datatable or the best overload that fit your code)

i believe absolute beginner video series have a good example on that

also the registeration benefits you can get from this link if you registered your product, also i have xp sp2 and i were able to download them. if someting was blocked you will find a yellow bar will apear in the top of hte page telling you there is a blocked content right click this yellow bar and enable it

hope this helps

Sunday, March 5, 2006 2:29 PM

All replies

• Writing to a database is covered in Chapter 8 of the free e-book: Microsoft Visual C# 2005 - Build a Program Now. The e-book is one of the benefits you received when you registered Visual C#.

Sunday, March 5, 2006 12:23 PM
  • Hi Oshah

thanks for the reply but theres a problem i m not able to download that particular document from the location you specified . System is generating an error of

If you are running windows XP with service pack 2,the installation may have been blocked................

thanking you and waiting for an other option .......

naina

Sunday, March 5, 2006 1:55 PM
  • hi,

if you use dataset you can use a table adapter to update your database something like

mytableadapter.update(mydataset or my datatable or the best overload that fit your code)

i believe absolute beginner video series have a good example on that

also the registeration benefits you can get from this link if you registered your product, also i have xp sp2 and i were able to download them. if someting was blocked you will find a yellow bar will apear in the top of hte page telling you there is a blocked content right click this yellow bar and enable it

hope this helps

Sunday, March 5, 2006 2:29 PM
  • Sounds like you're having trouble accessing the registration portal. There's quite a few posts in the Registering Express forums by people with similar problems. You can check the search here.

Try opening up the direct link https://connect.microsoft.com/downloads/downloadDetails.aspx?siteid=40&downloadid=242. If that doesn't work, then add the site to your trusted zone in IE and open it up in IE (just in cast you were on Mozilla). If you have multiple passport accounts, then you need to log in with the passport where you registered Express.

Sunday, March 5, 2006 2:42 PM