none
MSDN subpages do not display scrollbar. RRS feed

• Question

• This is really bad (IE 6 SP1 status says there is an error on page).

Usually the first page entrypoint to MSDN displays fine with scrollbar and thumb. If I choose a link the next (subpage) is trashed = no scrollbar and thumb. I cannot move down the page at all to see more content on any given subpage. MSDN is off no use to me if I cannot read every-drill-down-thing about a desired topic. Please advise me of potential PC system problem on my end. If at MS MSDN please fix as soon as you can. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Thanks  
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:46 AM

Answers

• After a few months of living with this "MSDN secondary pages have ".... no scrollbar and thumb ..." problem,  I tried using the low bandwith link that occasionally? automagically? appears on some? MSDN pages. This "low bandwidth" option seems to resolve the problem.
    Why do I somehow fear this all part of the IE6 SP1 phaseout?  I need to check FAQ for MSDN,  but wanted to get this potential fix on record here now.

• Marked as answer by SCilentC Friday, October 30, 2009 3:07 AM
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:47 AM

All replies

•    Must be on MSDN's end - we cnat get anything but the front page on MSDN - technet does not load at all. tried it from several machines here at the marina (including one that is a fresh clean install) and tried it from home. THey have been having problems on both sites for about 7 weeks now.
       We have 30 MSDN and 17 Technet subscriptions which are basically useless at this point. From what I understand from a couple of the local hospitals and county government IT departments they cannot get into theirs either. Repeated attempts at getting a specific "when" it will be fixed have been fruitless
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Can we please get an official response from Microsoft on the MSDN.com issue? We need an estimated down time. Thanks
    C#.Net,VB.Net,T-SQL,SS Reporting Services.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:06 PM
  • After a few months of living with this "MSDN secondary pages have ".... no scrollbar and thumb ..." problem,  I tried using the low bandwith link that occasionally? automagically? appears on some? MSDN pages. This "low bandwidth" option seems to resolve the problem.
    Why do I somehow fear this all part of the IE6 SP1 phaseout?  I need to check FAQ for MSDN,  but wanted to get this potential fix on record here now.

• Marked as answer by SCilentC Friday, October 30, 2009 3:07 AM
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:47 AM