Troubleshooting a WCF service error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem with my Web Service.  When I debug the methods it runs through the code without error however my app that uses the service keep throwing an error (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host) as does the WCF test client.  I have tracing turned on but I don't get any errors in the trace log (IIS logs show that the request succeeded).  Any ideas?
    Monday, August 12, 2013 10:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you please set <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true"/> and try to debug the service code from client. If your service is hosted in remote IIS, you can try to use Remote Debugging in WCF. Also can you please share your code so that I can have a look.

Thanks
    Subhendu DE - Visit My Blog If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post. If you find a post helpful, please click Vote as Helpful.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please set <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true"/> and try to debug the service code from client. If your service is hosted in remote IIS, you can try to use Remote Debugging in WCF. Also can you please share your code so that I can have a look.

Thanks
    Subhendu DE - Visit My Blog If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post. If you find a post helpful, please click Vote as Helpful.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:39 AM
  • Thanks, that gave me the info that I needed to find the problem.

Hi,

Thanks

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:03 PM