Not verification possible RRS feed

• Question

• I am the administrator of our dreamspark it-academy program, but im not able to create an App-Hub account thats verified because my school cant be found in the school search neither do i have an Verification code or an Studentcard ID (because Im a teacher). Please check, why our school isnt available in the school search.
    • Changed type Johanneum-Lge Friday, November 16, 2012 3:17 PM Registration
    Friday, November 16, 2012 3:17 PM

Answers

• @Johanneum-Lge

Unfortunately Dev Center Support is unable to assist, you would need to contact DreamSpark support for more information.  They also have a FAQ page that may provide specific answers to your questions about your school.

Thank you,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support

• Marked as answer by Paul H Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:19 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Johanneum-Lge Monday, November 26, 2012 12:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Monday, November 26, 2012 3:17 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:19 AM

All replies

• @Johanneum-Lge

Unfortunately Dev Center Support is unable to assist, you would need to contact DreamSpark support for more information.  They also have a FAQ page that may provide specific answers to your questions about your school.

Thank you,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support

• Marked as answer by Paul H Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:19 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Johanneum-Lge Monday, November 26, 2012 12:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Monday, November 26, 2012 3:17 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:19 AM
  • Im sorry but i already called the dreamspark support and they say, that this is not their responsibility. They said i should ask here in the forums to get help ... Meanwhile I contacted all departments that has anything to do with dreamspark and they all agree, that its not their responsibility but yours. I just want anyone to help me to get my scholl in the verification list or at least send me an verification code. We need the developer account and for what do we need dreamspark if nothing works what microsoft promises ?
    Monday, November 26, 2012 12:55 AM
  • Hi Johanneum,

Since the blocker is on the DreamSpark site (you stated you didn't see your school on the verification list), you will likely need to work with the DreamSpark team on getting this accomplished. Note, the people who work on the Dev Center can only assist if the issue lies within the WP Dev Center portal. I'm sorry that we're unable to provide further support on this.

Thanks

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

Monday, November 26, 2012 3:17 AM
  • Hi Johanneum,

Since the blocker is on the DreamSpark site (you stated you didn't see your school on the verification list), you will likely need to work with the DreamSpark team on getting this accomplished. Note, the people who work on the Dev Center can only assist if the issue lies within the WP Dev Center portal. I'm sorry that we're unable to provide further support on this.

Thanks

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

With all due respect to Microsoft and their dedicated staff, I must express my surprise at the way some of these problems are being responded to.

DreamSpark and Dev Center are both departments within Microsoft - surely the right thing to do here is just pick up the phone and call someone at DreamSpark and get some lowdown?

You can then get some insight into the issue and perhaps escalate it if need be, all this "this is not our department" stuff is not a good way to treat customers - in my humble opinion.

This individual has already attempted to resolve it by calling DreamSpark - so he is getting passed back and forth - someone needs to take the lead here and bring back good old fashioned customer service.

Cap'n

Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:04 PM