Generated shrinked image when we capture big image via WebView.CapturePreviewToStreamAsync() API.

Question

• Hi,

I am using WebView.CapturePreviewToStreamAsync() API to capture a screenshot of the WebView control contents.
    When the file is too big (I have converted big word file [around 150 page] to html file and opened via WebView control), the saved file is shrinking. The size of the saved file is "x (width) * 65535 (Height)" pixels.
    I have observed that if the generated file height is less than 65535 pixels, contents are properly displaying. If it exceeds 65535 pixels, content is shrinking.

I am using below code to save a file.

InMemoryRandomAccessStream msWebViewCtrlData = new InMemoryRandomAccessStream();

StorageFile storageFileGeneratedFile= await KnownFolders.PicturesLibrary.CreateFileAsync("test.jpeg");

var fileStream = await storageFileGeneratedFile.OpenAsync(FileAccessMode.ReadWrite);

await WebViewCtrl.CapturePreviewToStreamAsync(msWebViewCtrlData);

await RandomAccessStream.CopyAndCloseAsync(msWebViewCtrlData.GetInputStreamAt(0),  fileStream.GetOutputStreamAt(0));

Could you please help regarding this query.

Thanks in advance,

Hari.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:42 AM

Answers

• It sounds like this might be a built-in feature of WebView, but I am not sure. However, the WebView control sample shows how to scale down a capture - perhaps you could do the reverse and scale it up? I am referencing the code on the documentation page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.xaml.controls.webview.capturepreviewtostreamasync.aspx

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:24 PM