none
(Project 2013) Low Priority Task with a dynamic resource allocation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, 

dont know if this is possible but if so please let me know. 

i have to task running and they both consume 10% of each resource per day ( that 20% per day ). 

However both of the task are low priority and there consumption of the task resource should reduce if there are other task demanding resource time to prevent over allocation

Little example here ;

Resource - 'John -117' 

Day A Day B Day C Day D

Task 1   10% 5% 10% 0%

Task 2 10% 5% 10% 0%

Task 3   0% 90% 80% 100%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total  20% 100% 100% 100%

so to recap Task resource 1 and  2 should use 10% but IF there are other task they must be resourced 1st  so task 1 and 2 must dynamical adjust.

Is this possible to do ? if so can somehow provide some assistance ?  

Best wishes. 

r2690698 

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:49 PM

Answers

• Hi r2690698--

If you want to set specific units per days (or any other time periods) then you'll need to use a resource or task usage view and enter manually the work (not the percentage) in the timephased view after creating the 3 tasks and assigning the resource on those tasks. Here is an example below where I splitted my screen with the Gannt chart and the resource usage view. After assigning the resource to the tasks (100% by default), I can directly type in the lower panel the hours planned per days :

Then you could just set a higher priority to the 3rd task so if you use the leveling feature, the task will be scheduled with a higher priority than the 2 first tasks.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by R2690698 Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:26 PM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 3:41 PM