Update Partial view using AJAX RRS feed

• Question

• User-1952516322 posted

Hello,

I have a controller name "Students", and there is a main view for this controller named > "Index", in the Views folder of this controller "Students" there is sub folder "PartialViews", and it has 3 Partial Views.. so the tree will be as below

• Controllers
      • Students
    • Views
      • Students
        • PartialViews
          • _StudentInformation
          • _StudentAddresses
          • _StudentMarks
        • Index

and in the Index view as below

<div class="step active" data-step-title="page" data-step="1" style="display:none" id="content1">
                        @{Html.RenderPartial("PartialViews/_StudentsInformation", Model); }
                    </div>
                    <div class="step" data-step-title="page" data-step="2" style="display:none" id="content2">
                        @{Html.RenderPartial("PartialViews/_StudentsAddresses", Model); }
                    </div>
                    <div class="step" data-step-title="page" data-step="3" style="display:none" id="content3">
                        @{Html.RenderPartial("PartialViews/_StudentsMarks", Model); }
                    </div>
    </div>

In ActionResult Index in Student Controller, I don't want to fill all field and information in ViewModel, I want once user move from step 1 to step2 then call ajax to refresh the PartialView with ViewModel has it own information.

Thanks.

Sunday, March 1, 2020 11:50 PM

Answers

• User-719153870 posted

Hi Khalid Salameh,

I want once user move from step 1 to step2 then call ajax to refresh the PartialView with ViewModel has it own information.

Not sure what defines the process from step 1 to step2 which should also be the trigger of your expected ajax.

Please refer to How to use jquery or ajax to update razor partial view in c#/asp.net for a MVC project, in this thread, the demo shows how to call ajax and update the partial view.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 5:12 AM

All replies

• User-719153870 posted

Hi Khalid Salameh,

I want once user move from step 1 to step2 then call ajax to refresh the PartialView with ViewModel has it own information.

Not sure what defines the process from step 1 to step2 which should also be the trigger of your expected ajax.

Please refer to How to use jquery or ajax to update razor partial view in c#/asp.net for a MVC project, in this thread, the demo shows how to call ajax and update the partial view.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 5:12 AM
  • User-1952516322 posted

Thanks Yang, its working

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 6:30 PM