none
WDF sending USB command? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello USB experts:

I'd like to send a vendor defined command to an usb device. In my WDF driver I tink I need to use USB_CONTROL_SETUP_PACKET_INIT_VENDOR and WdfUsbTargetDeviceSendControlTransferSynchronously (.) for this purpose. My questions are: what is the value (5th mention) and index (6th member) in the micro USB_CONTROL_SETUP_PACKET_INIT_VENDOR ? 

The online documentation does not say anything about it as usual. I'd like to know their meanings and where they are coming from? Any document talking about it is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Polaris

• Edited by SJ-Hills Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:59 PM
    Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:57 PM

Answers

• See example of sending vendor-specific request here.

For explanation of index and value fields, see the USB spec. In version 2.0, this information is in p. 9.3, table 9.2.

-- pa

Monday, August 4, 2014 4:31 PM

All replies

• since these are specific to each vendor/device, no one can tell you what these values mean for your device

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, August 4, 2014 1:24 AM
  • Thanks but I was not asking for exact value and index, I'd like to know where the "value" member and the "index" member get defined; just like you simply cannot put anything there ...

leo

Monday, August 4, 2014 2:48 AM
  • the USB spec tells you what each value is and what a vendor command looks like on the wire

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Doron Holan [MSFT] Monday, August 4, 2014 3:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by SJ-Hills Monday, August 4, 2014 3:45 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 3:14 AM
  • I'd like someone who can gave me some more details.

Please do not mark it as answered.

leo

Monday, August 4, 2014 3:46 PM