none
Filter driver not bound to original adapter after virtual switch creation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When filter driver is running, if I create a virtual switch to one of the adapters, after switch creation, I see that it is bound to the virtual adapter , but not the original one.

But, if I first create the virtual switch and then install the driver, it binds to both virtual switch and original adapter.

Is there anyway to fix the original case so that it binds to original switch as well?

Thanks,

Rashmi.

Monday, January 30, 2017 11:31 PM

Answers

• You'll need a network co-installer ("notify object"). It will be notified for all network configuration changes, and can do whatever you need done

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

• Marked as answer by Rashmi.s Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:35 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:18 AM

All replies

• You'll need a network co-installer ("notify object"). It will be notified for all network configuration changes, and can do whatever you need done

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

• Marked as answer by Rashmi.s Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:35 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:18 AM
  • Can you point me to any references for writing a co-installer for filter driver? 
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 12:04 AM
  • There is one in the WDK samples in network\ndis\ndisprot_kmdf\notifyobj

-Brian

Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:54 PM