none
Outlook 2003 + Item Events + VSTO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created vsto addin for Outlook 2003 using C#. I have maintained the outlook contacts in the dictionary.

I want to keep the updated contact in my dictionary.I can able to update my dictionary while changing the item and adding the item.

But for outlook 2003, there is no events like Item.BeforeDelete or Folder.BeforeItemMove().

How to update my dictionary when user removing[Del,Shift+Del,etc] the item from the contact folder?

Regards,

Venugopal

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:00 PM

Answers

• There's no good way to do that really. You'd need to maintain a list of all items in that folder and on the ItemRemove() event, which happens after the deletion you'd have to see which one(s) are now missing.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"psvgopal" <=?utf-8?B?cHN2Z29wYWw=?=> wrote in message news:870151f3-9d73-4a2e-8ea2-4a6201a1a352...

Hi,

I have created vsto addin for Outlook 2003 using C#. I have maintained the outlook contacts in the dictionary.

I want to keep the updated contact in my dictionary.I can able to update my dictionary while changing the item and adding the item.

But for outlook 2003, there is no events like Item.BeforeDelete or Folder.BeforeItemMove().

How to update my dictionary when user removing[Del,Shift+Del,etc] the item from the contact folder?

Regards,

Venugopal

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:08 PM