How to host 3 tier application in server RRS feed

• Question

• User1720628292 posted

Hi

I want to host an 3 tier application in server.But i dont know which files i need to move to the server.

iam using .net 3.5 and sql server 2008.

iam having aspx pages and .cs pages and data access layer for queries.

Can you please tell me the detailed steps for hosting.iam a newbie for hosting 

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:02 AM

Answers

• User1815411410 posted

hi ram,

basically, what you need to make sure is that your application works on your local PC first. These includes the correct connection string, proper database and website.

Once this is OK, what you basically need to do is to publish your site properly via the Visual Studio tool to your hosting provider. Obviously, your provider will inform you the details of their server and you simply need to enter them on your system

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:20 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

i dont have any service layer and just iam having aspx page and .cs files and dataaccess layer.

A 2 tier application then as I thought. Take the steps I described above to deploy to the webserver.

If you have a publishsettings file from your hosting company then follow http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd465337(v=vs.110).aspx. If not then follow the following procedure:

Right click on your web application, select Publish. Either make use of Web Deploy or File system. For File system it'll put the needed stuff on your disk (specify the place). Then use simple xcopy or ftp the files to your hosting company in the designated place.

Grz, Kris.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:03 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

do you have a separete service layer (web services, Web API, WCF, ...) to host the data layer on the second server? If not then I think you mean a 3 layered application and 2 tiers application. In that latter case you simply make a new application on the IIS server on the first/web server and make use of web deploy from within Visual Studio. Either change the deployed web.config for setting the connectionstring to the correct database or make use of web.config transformations (release version contains the correct connection string to the live database).

Grz, Kris.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:10 AM
  • User1815411410 posted

hi ram,

basically, what you need to make sure is that your application works on your local PC first. These includes the correct connection string, proper database and website.

Once this is OK, what you basically need to do is to publish your site properly via the Visual Studio tool to your hosting provider. Obviously, your provider will inform you the details of their server and you simply need to enter them on your system

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:20 AM
  • User1720628292 posted

hi

i dont have any service layer and just iam having aspx page and .cs files and dataaccess layer.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:37 AM
  • User1815411410 posted

that is just matched the response I posted earlier.

You just need to compile your site via Visual Studio tool and publish it to the server. You will notice that all the .CS files have disappeared after publishing and this is perfectly normal.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:55 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

A 2 tier application then as I thought. Take the steps I described above to deploy to the webserver.

If you have a publishsettings file from your hosting company then follow http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd465337(v=vs.110).aspx. If not then follow the following procedure:

Right click on your web application, select Publish. Either make use of Web Deploy or File system. For File system it'll put the needed stuff on your disk (specify the place). Then use simple xcopy or ftp the files to your hosting company in the designated place.

Grz, Kris.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:03 AM