none
EDI Disassembler Throwing error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to add two new values in the collection of a field of EDI schema. The problem is this schema is under separate applications and referenced by three other apps of BizTalk. When I am trying to deploy the changes using Add Resource , it is not allowing me and asking me to first delete the all references.

I don't want to delete all the referencing apps so I just tried to GAC the schema DLL using command prompt and able to do it successfully. After doing this I am able to pass the new values which I have added into the schema successfully.

But only problem is the recieveport which is responsible for 999 generation causing problem and saying that EDI dissembler thrown an error that the value is not valid for the field.

I am not understanding why it is getting failed in 999 recieveport where as going successfully through other port. Both of these ports using EDIDisassembler only.

Please help me out here with this.

Thanks,
    Arun
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:15 PM

All replies

• Common problem
    You don't need to delete the applications just the mapping defined in the ports

IIRC you can export bindings for the application, stop ports, remove mappings, deploy schema and import bindings again to revert changes, finally start ports

Another solution to use dedicated schemas for each application and have specific send pipelines with schema def added
    The pipelines needs to be deployed to applicaiton with other artifacts sued

hth /Peter

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:36 PM
  • Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

I tried to remove the mapping in the ports, but still it is giving that error, may be I am thinking it is because of orchestrations where I used these maps.

How I can get rid of these if you have any idea?
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:01 PM
  • So...unfortunately, what you're doing, or have done, is, well, wrong and won't work. :( Sorry.

You must properly redeploy any artifacts and assemblies when making changes.  That's how the product is designed.

Now, this shouldn't be a problem at all if you can follow two very simple rules.

1. Don't reference anything outside of deployment unit/package, which equates to a Visual Studio Solution and BizTalk Application.  It's perfectly fine to deploy the same schema in different solutions have all projects/code in that Solution and Application reference the local copy.

2. Solutions should be properly packaged for deployment, using BizTalk Deployment Framework for instance.  It's not really that much to setup and once it's done, application updates and redeployment become, usually, a non-issue.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:05 PM
  • Redeploy all related schemas, maps and orchestrations from the same solution
    Make sure each project is configured with the correct applicaiton

I assume you are using the changed schema in the orchestrations too?
    You need to fix this also

Sounds like a solution which is a bit messy?

/Peter

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:49 PM