SmallBasic.EXE has Trouble Running RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all~

I have tried to install Small Basic upwards of 5 times and even used the "Repair" option a few times. However, the problem persists.

What happens is: I open the .EXE file and the GUI loads, but within seconds I get the dialog, "SmallBasic.EXE has stopped working."

I am running Windows 8. Funny thing is: SB worked fine when I first upgraded my system.

Is there any type of work-around or something I can do to make it work again?

Please answer ASAP; all suggestions will be appreciated :P

Thank you

-JOman Mied

I can write 1000 lines of code in roughly 10 seconds. Here's how:
    i = 1

For i = 1 to 1000
    TextWindow.WriteLine(i+ ". Code")
    Program.Delay(10)
    EndFor

Make Sense?

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:40 AM

Answers

• Well, when i first downloaded small basic, i remeber having to Silverlight and microsoft.net thingie i think... maybe you could try completly deleting small basic(silverlight and all) then download it again.

Sorry if i don't help, i am a newbie to computers and small basic practically.

Oh, you could also try this link i found, if it still works.

1] http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5him3nh9eau42q5 - simple SB compiled executable - tests .Net (copy to a folder and run the exe).

2] http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xen15db1890w6hj - full copy of installation directory, it might run from this, indicating just something odd about the installer and your setup.

i found these on a different post on here. hope you don't mind.

Small Basic Beginner. :3

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:18 PM

All replies

• Well, when i first downloaded small basic, i remeber having to Silverlight and microsoft.net thingie i think... maybe you could try completly deleting small basic(silverlight and all) then download it again.

Sorry if i don't help, i am a newbie to computers and small basic practically.

Oh, you could also try this link i found, if it still works.

1] http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5him3nh9eau42q5 - simple SB compiled executable - tests .Net (copy to a folder and run the exe).

2] http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xen15db1890w6hj - full copy of installation directory, it might run from this, indicating just something odd about the installer and your setup.

i found these on a different post on here. hope you don't mind.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:18 PM
  • Thanks 8BiT PoNy,

I will try those out!

i = 1

For i = 1 to 1000
    Program.Delay(10)
    EndFor

Make Sense?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:17 AM
  • The full directory works! I wonder what the problem must be, then. I think I will compare the files and see if there's something missing.

i = 1

For i = 1 to 1000
    Program.Delay(10)
    EndFor

Make Sense?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:33 AM
  • Okay, it seems like there were backups (where the first character of the names were replaced with a '$') so I deleted them and now it works like a charm!

Thank you for suggesting the full directory download, 8BiT PoNy! It helped me troubleshoot!

i = 1

For i = 1 to 1000
    Program.Delay(10)
    EndFor

Make Sense?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:40 AM
  • No problem! i'm glad i can finally help people on this forum...a little bit. 

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:23 AM
  • Even a little bit is a big help!

Sure, it's a small step, but as soon as you get more comfortable with the software and such, you will be helping lots of people!

i = 1

For i = 1 to 1000
    Program.Delay(10)
    EndFor

Make Sense?

Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:16 AM