none
Downgrade VS2015 Solution and Project Files to VS2010

Question

• Hi All,

I have a large complex CSharp solution with many projects.  The solution and several of the projects were 'accidentally' upgraded to VS2015 quite a while ago.  Lots of code changes have been made since that time and the application works properly, but now we must give it to a new team.  To do that we must migrate it back to VS2010.  Sadly I have found no way to do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Duane

Friday, May 13, 2016 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Duane,

>> The solution and several of the projects were 'accidentally' upgraded to VS2015 quite a while ago.

According to your description, the solution is upgrade to VS2015 and when upgrade the solution, there has several projects also upgrade to VS2015, is it right?

If the upgraded projects are not use the new features and functions in Visual Studio 2015, please try with following steps to downgrade VS2015 Solution to VS2010.

1. Make back up of your solution.
    2. Open the .sln file with Notepad.
    3. Replace :Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 14.00 # Visual Studio 2015  Project" to "Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 11.00 # Visual Studio 2010  Project".

But if the changed code using VS2015 features and functions, I'm afraid that you need to downgrade your projects with change the code manually.

In addition, if your projects are using some packages and extensions, please check whether the installed version support VS2010 or not. If not, please uninstall them and install the version that support the VS2010.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 16, 2016 7:03 AM